Even just 10 minutes a day could make a difference! And not just to this campaign, but to our whole state. If we want a government that works for all West Virginians, we need to reach out even in small districts like mine. If your district has a great representative, he or she still needs help in the legislature from other delegates who care about their constituents rather than their donors.
If you want to help progressives the way current WV Democratic Leadership hasn’t and won’t, then here’s what you can do:
- Donate. If every visitor to this site just since September donated $10, I would have a genuinely ridiculous amount of money. You guys rock, thank you for visiting this website and helping it get such a huge, humbling reach.
- HOLLER at your representatives by completing one of our 10 minute Calls to Action. They need to know what consequences they’re visiting upon our communities—and they must understand that we’re paying attention and demanding better!
- Subscribe to the Appalachian Oracle. We’re all sick of hearing Manchin lie and say we want what he’s giving us. He’s trying to make his donors happy, but he doesn’t represent us. So subscribe to the “Voice of the Hollers!” If you already subscribe, encourage others to do so, and forward the Oracle to people who need to read it.
- Registered WV Dems should sign the petition Summers County Democrats produced to demand our state Chair Belinda Biafore step down. We need a leadership that supports our principles.
- Like me on Facebook. Comment and interact on my Facebook posts. Ask me questions. The more you talk to me, the more people will hear our voices.
- Follow and retweet me on Twitter. Let me know what you think. Republican, Democrat, Mountain Party, Libertarian, Independent. I want to hear you.
- And volunteer for my campaign. To do so, contact me. Let me know what you’re good at, and how you want to help. If you don’t want to make phone calls or knock doors, we’ll find something else. Effective management means you put people in positions where they can use their best talents and enjoy the work.
I promise: even if you just have one hour, one time, your effort will help, and will be appreciated.
And hey, even if you disagree with me and want to “set me straight,” I want to hear what you have to say. I’m here to have a conversation. This one will last two years—and hopefully beyond. Because unlike many politicians who never want to commit to any position—or if they commit, they cling to it for dear life out of fear of the dreaded flip-flop—my plan is pretty straightforward:
I’ll tell you what I think, and you can tell me what you think. Then we can talk about it like we’re both human beings.
I don’t know how you can have a conversation with someone who is unwilling to accept even the possibility that s/he’s wrong… so, here: I could be wrong. Goodness knows, it’s happened before. When I’m wrong, if your argument is rational and fact-based, then hopefully you’ll sway me to sense. Or maybe you’re wrong and I’ll sway you with civil, rational discussion. That’s how this should work.
Holler at me when you want to talk.